[polarsys-pmc] PMC Composition

Greetings PMC... both of you.

At present, the Eclipse PolarSys PMC has two members. Benoit is the PMC Lead and I am the sole other PMC Member. FWIW, I was appointed to help the PMC get established and should have retired from the position some time ago.

For a PMC to function, it requires more than one or two members.

I recommend that we grow the PMC by appointing a representative from each project under the PolarSys Top Level Project (e.g. a project lead). This is a common approach for a Top Level Project the size of Eclipse PolarSys. With such a composition, the PMC could, for example, make a rule that a PMC member cannot approve requests from their own project.

I'm obviously in favour. What do you think, Benoit?

For PolarSys project leads monitoring this list, what do you think?

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top