[polarsys-iwg] Universities can now apply to become guest academic members of Polarsys

Dear all,

You should have noticed that Polarsys, the industry-driven community for tools for the development of embedded systems, is doing good progresses: * the first Steering and Architecture committees happened on October 19th and elected Pierre Gaufillet as Polarsys chairman and Gaël Blondelle as Polarsys Spokeperson * we had a fruitful face to face meeting in Ludwigsburg, with a part in collaboration with the Automotive IWG about tools qualification and big models * we published the first version of our web site (see http://www.polarsys.org)

We are on the right track to grow our community: we count 7 members, and 2 more steering members are coming by the end of the year.

Now, we are ready to review applications from universities that want to become Polarsys guest academic members (see Polarsys charter http://www.eclipse.org/org/industry-workgroups/polarsys_charter.php). Such applications must be reviewed and accepted by the Steering Committee.

As a university, here is what you can expect from Polarsys:
- Get contact with potential users of your innovations
- Host some R&D projects after acceptation by the Steering Committee
- Get mentoring about the best way to open source your components and build fruitful collaborations with Polarsys ecosystem members

For your application, please send an email either on the Polarsys mailing list or to gael.blondelle_at_obeo.fr and ralph.mueller_at_eclipse.org. Here is the template for application: Title: [PolarsysAcademic] Application of **YOUR_ORGANIZATION** as Polarsys academic member
- University:
- Team:
- Domain of investigation:
- Point of contact:
- Why do you want to join Polarsys? (3 lines)?
- Do you want to host some components from a research project?
- Do you want to collaborate with existing project or component?
- What innovation do you bring to the Polarsys ecosystem (5 lines max)?

We look forward reading your applications.
Best regards,
Gaël Blondelle
Obeo
+33 672 120 226