[polarsys-iwg] Election of the representative of Polarsys participant members to the Polarsys Steering Committee

Dear all,

Ralph Mueller just wrote a blog post to welcome the first official Polarsys members. You can read it at http://eclipse-membership.blogspot.fr/2012/09/polarsys-iwg-welcome-participants.html

Additionally, the first Steering Committee meeting will take place on October 19th Friday afternoon in Paris.

Our Charter (see http://www.eclipse.org/org/industry-workgroups/polarsys_charter.php) describes the Steering Committee composition like that: * Each Steering Committee member of the IWG has a seat on the Steering Committee. * At least one seat is allocated to participant members. An additional seat on the committee shall be allocated to the participant members for every additional five (5) seats beyond one (1) allocated to Steering Committee members. Participant member seats are allocated following the Eclipse "single transferable vote", as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws. plans that the Polarsys Participant members have to elect a representative at the Polarsys Steering Committee.

For the moment, we have 3 Participant members: Intecs, Obeo and Soyatec and 3 Steering Committee members: Airbus, Ericsson and Thales.

Thus, we have to elect one representative from the Participant Members to the Polarsys Steering Committee.

Here is the process for this election:
* From now to September 24th, Participant members representative can candidate for the election. They have to post their candidature on this mailing list. * From September 25th to October 1st, mailing list members will be able to ask questions on the mailing list to candidates * From October 2nd to October 8th, Participant members will cast their vote to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx.
* The vote will close on October 8th.

With this process, the Participant members representative will have the opportunity to get back to participant members before October 19th in order to prepare for the Steering committee meeting.

Best regards,
Gaël Blondelle

Back to the top