Re: [platform-ui-dev] Update of categories for https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-ui/componentAreas.php?

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I think we can remove the PresentationAPI category and I would like to add another one for interactive performance of the Eclipse platform. I would like to call it Responsiveness or Performance.

We haven't had hard and fast rules about components and component owners.  You can create the component, but what will you fill it with.  There are rarely bugs that come in specifically that are "too slow" that don't have their root cause in one (or two) other components.

"performance" has usually been a keyword in bugzilla that's attached to the different component  bugs that seem to effect it.

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster