Re: [platform-ui-dev] IViewSite (ico multi-instance view): no means to update secondaryId

You want to ask questions in the forums -
http://www.eclipse.org/forums or request enhancements at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/

But I'll mention, we cannot add that enhancements (definitely not in
3.x, possibly not in 4.0 either).  The primaryID+secondaryID are
immutable and point to an instance of the view in the framework
(scoped to a window, I believe).

Your best bet is to have your primaryID+secondaryID be a key into a
map of devices ... then you can swap out your model object and have
that view "key" point to the new device.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR