Re: [platform-ui-dev] Shipping activities?

Aren't JDT and PDE "products" built on top of the platform the same way CDT
is? If JDT and PDE don't provide "Developing Java" and "Developing Plug-ins"
activities, doesn't that mean they're not playing the game the way we expect
others to? (And isn't that bad?)

Yes, and no.
You are right in that we are not playing the game we expect others to.
However, when we did Activities we had envisioned to provide support for reducing the UI of the layers sitting on top of Eclipse. In addition one important aspect of activities was that not the component owner would had to define the activities, but a downstream product manager could do after the fact.

But I agree that it would make a lot of sense to define some activities in Ecipse too (at least for testing or pedagogical purposes).

--andre

Back to the top