Re: [platform-ui-dev] Custom items in a project?

Aaron,

This is more of a Core question, but the answer is no.  The workspace provided by Core has only projects, folders and files (plus the workspace root).

However, the workbench can present any kind of item.  For example, the Java model in JDT allows external jars on the classpath, which don't correspond to workspace resources.
When you open a class file from an exterrnal jar, the editor's input is a Java model element pointing to that jar entry, not a core resource.  But these are not considered as part of the project proper (e.g. they are not under version control even if the project is).

Nick

"Levinson, Aaron N" <aaron.n.levinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/10/03 05:46 PM