[platform-ui-dev] Editor management improvements

How eclipse manages editors has been a good source of defect reports,
feature requests and newsgroup postings. In some cases developers
have implemented alternative editor management strategies and have
proposed that the eclipse platform team adopt it.  In order to
properly assess the merits of the existing as well as proposed
strategies it would be useful if we started with a shared
understanding of the problem.

A summary of platform-ui-dev postings and bug reports in Bugzilla (as of
Sept. 10) related to editor management issues in Eclipse will be posted
soon. The purpose is to identify the issues and requirements for editor
management in eclipse so that we can use this as the reference to further
discuss and refine the top issues and  requirements.  If you would like
to add to or refine this analysis your feedback is welcome

In order to reach closure quickly on this I propose that we end discussion
on this by October 5'th. At this time we will use our shared understanding
of the problem to decide what enhancements, if any, are needed

Back to the top