[platform-swt-dev] Why different Java code for 32 and 64 bit SWT versions?

Hi again,

a quick google search didn't turn up anything enlightening…

Is there a simple technical reason why there need to be two versions of the *Java* code for SWT depending on the 32 or 64 bit version? I have written my own native library and simply used "long" where I need to store pointers in Java code. While I compile either a 32-Bit or 64-Bit version of the native library, the library API can be the same and I have to only maintain one version of the Java code. Is there something in SWT that makes this approach impossible?

Best regards,
-Stephan

Back to the top