[platform-swt-dev] radio button group with no default selection

sorry if duplicate, mailing list told me to resend after subscribing...

ok, I give up, hopefully someone can point me to a link and I'll be on my
way, what I want sounds simple enough, but I've been working on it with two
other team members for 4 hours now with no luck,

I want to create a reusable composite class that contains radio buttons and
I don't want any of them to be selected by default.  It seems that when a
shell is activated that contains radio buttons, the first radio button on
the page gets selected.  I found a partial answer here:
http://www.rhinocerus.net/forum/lang-java-gui/590377-swt-i-want-radio-buttons-not-initially-selected.html

that answer kinda works, but I don't want to mess up traversal, and I don't
want to add dummy buttons.  Is it the OS that is selecting a default? or
SWT?  How can I suppress that behavior or distinguish between OS noise and
actual user input?

Thanks,

Luke

swt 3.5, windows (i'm guessing part of the answer will involve the words
"windows 'feature'")