Re: [platform-swt-dev] suggestions and howto update a viewer from an editor

Please try asking your question on the eclipse.platform newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform
Thanks, and good luck!
Carolyn

From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 19/11/2009 09:53 AM
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] suggestions and howto update a viewer from an        editor
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
I'm developing my first RCP application, and I'm blocked with an update
problem. My application is a classical CRUD application, where there is a view
that contains a tableviewer, instrumented thru a model I wrote by my own that
contains the data. The view is working, and I've created an action to open the
editor with the data of the current selected row. And it works!
But how can I notify from the editor the viewer (or better the view) to do a
data refresh using the model? Is there any suggested/recommended way to
achieve it or should I do it by hand (I mean passing object references thru
views, editors, and so on).
If you have a tutorial on the implementation of such thing please advice.

Thanks,
Luca