Re: [platform-swt-dev] 3.5 Planning

It's a draft plan.  There may or may not be bug reports for some of the ideas at this point.

Declarative UI is and Eclipse 4.0 (e4) feature, however, there is no constraint that says e4 work won't turn up in the 3.x stream, providing it makes sense, doesn't break backward compatibility etc.  For me, a perfect world would be one in which 3.x gradually morphed into 4.0, using work prototyped in e4.  This might not be practical or possible.

Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2008 07:33 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] 3.5 Planning

Isn¹t Declarative UI an E4 feature? I didn¹t think it was being ported back
to 3.5.

Scott