Re: [platform-swt-dev] Browser on Linux vs "navigator.product"/"navigator.productSub"

Hi Grant,

> What context do you see these properties returning as empty?

It is under Ubuntu, with XULRunner 1.8.1.4-2ubuntu5 (that is what I
see in Synaptic). I can trigger the alert at any time and I always get
an empty string.

Note that "http://www.fckeditor.net/demo"; works under Firefox, but not
in the embedded Mozilla instance. Raising the SWT.MOZILLA flag does
not change anything either.

I quickly made a test case to cross check your findings, and I found a
reproducible freeze along the way: executing the alert before changing
the URL seems to hang the application (and Ctrl+C does not even work
then).

Let me know if I should open a bug report for any of these, the most
important feature for me at the moment being the "Gecko" stuff.

-Christopher

PS: the code that freezes is:

    final Display display = new Display();
    final Shell shell = new Shell(display);
    shell.setLayout(new FillLayout());
    final Browser browser = new Browser(shell, SWT.NONE);
    browser.execute("alert(navigator.product);");
    browser.setUrl("http://www.fckeditor.net/demo";);
    shell.setSize(800, 600);
    shell.open();
    while(!shell.isDisposed()) {