[platform-swt-dev] If/How I should patch SWT in 3.3

Hello,

We patched the spinner.java to fix the bug 139871. The patch was already posted back the Eclipse source a while back but it appears that the patch won't be included until 3.4 M5 release.

We just upgraded from Eclipse 3.2 to Eclispe 3.3. When using this patched spinner class with the SWT 3.3, I ran into the following security exception -- of course, the patched spinner.java was not signed as the same as the downloaded SWT package ;-).

What do I need to do to patch SWT? It didn't appear to be a problem in 3.2. This is for an urgent product release. Any help or information is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Spinner"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package)]]></log4j:message>
<log4j:throwable><![CDATA[org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Spinner"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3563)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3481)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:132)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)

Back to the top