Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and Jogl question

Have you tried downloading JOGL from OPENGL.J3D (http://opengl.j3d.org/swt/download.html)?

They appear to have an Eclipse plugin for JOGL with JSR-231 API support in their implementation (see JOGL page). Below is a quote from their website:

JOGL

The JOGL bindings are those formallised within the Sun Java Community Process. They use the package javax.media.opengl. The formal bindings are unfortunately, dependent on AWT. A lot of work has gone into trying to reduce this significantly, but there are still many dependencies. There is a reference implemetation put out by Sun that works under a limited set of circumstances. One of the biggest problems has been the direct accessing of the native interface to AWT under the covers. On Macs, in particularly, this can lock the entire computer up solidly (see Eclipse Bug ID 67384).

We also maintain a separate implementation of the JOGL APIs that do cater to SWT directly that doesn't interact with AWT at all. These are still under heavy development, but we're already using them as part of Aviatrix3D and Xj3D on Win32 machines (other platforms following rapidly). You can download and read more about these bindings on our JOGL page. You can also find on that page an Eclipse plugin implementation of the full SWT + JOGL implementation code.

Duong

----- Forwarded by Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM on 04/04/2007 06:37 PM -----
Richie Cheng <ruidacheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2007 11:45 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] SWT and Jogl question

Recently, I found that SWT jogl demo only work with Old version Jogl.   Can we make SWT work with the latest version jogl JSR-231 1.0.0?

Thanks,

--magiccat