[platform-swt-dev] SWT availability w/ Solaris using GTK+

I’ve been doing extensive research on possible GUI libraries for building a front end to my application with runs on Solaris.  I’m convinced SWT is the way to go.  I noticed that for Solaris there is only support for ‘Motif’ widgets and none for GTK.  Are there any SWT Solaris/GTK libraries available?  Are there any plans to implement SWT Solaris/GTK libraries in the future if they don’t currently exist?  I’ve download and compiled Gimp and Glade on Solaris 2.8.  The performance and look and feel of the GTK widgets is far superior than the Motif widgets on Solaris.  However, I don’t know if the same can be said about stability.  I can see building some killer apps with SWT on Solaris with GTK libraries.  Any info on SWT on Solaris using GTK would be greatly appreciated.

--Dan

Back to the top