Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT on top of swing?

Monday, September 8, 2003, 1:30:37 PM, Michael Scharf wrote:

> An alternative would be AWT based on SWT, but as far
> as I underrstand, the sun license agreement prevents
> changes to AWT....

We have multiple AWT implementations based on SWT (Personal
Configuration and Personal Profile), as part of IBM WebSphere Device
Developer.  These are available for Windows, PocketPC, Linux
(GTK/Motif), Qt/Embedded, and QNX.

See:

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/wireless/wsdd/

IANAL, but I'm sure you'd have to pay royalties to Sun if you wanted
to distribute your AWT.
--
Regards,
David