RE: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

Must check out Conga...

Cg.

-----Original Message-----
From: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lane Sharman
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 8:06 PM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev]
AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

It is so interesting how over time we come to a common knowledge space
about engineering principles. Many moons ago, I was looking at
controllers and widgets and said, ah hah! We need an adapter which
easily propagates the lifecyle, action and property set of a widget.
Thus was borne the adapter property in the base class of the Conga
widget set.

http://opendoors.com/conga/2.2/docs/javadoc/marimba/gui/WidgetAdapter.ht
ml
indicates the basic structure of the Conga adapter interface.

An adapter implementation will provide bi-directional association and
flow of messages between the widget adapted and the from the
presentation controller.

regards,

Lane

Christian Gruber wrote:

>... which is half the reason it feels so right to me... based on a
>SmallTalk GUI approach... hmmm.... yummy.
>
>Seriously, though.  My previous e-mail about using adaptors should fit
>quite nicely, as it was developed for a similar system.
>
>Cg.

Lane Sharman
http://opendoors.com Conga, GoodTimes and Application Hosting Services
http://opendoors.com/lane.pdf BIO