Re: [platform-swt-dev] Accessing MS Word from SWT

You need to trigger the file save code from somewhere, currently it is only
running once just after the shell opens.

Adding a save item to the file menu is described in:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT/ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT.html

See the section entitled "Create the OLE Object".

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Sivakumar Ekambaram"  |
|         |           <sivanayak@xxxxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           19/11/2002 01:23 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                    |
  |        cc:                                                                                                      |
  |        Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Accessing MS Word from SWT                                                   |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi
I am trying to access MS word document from SWT, want to do some
modifications programatically and save the document. Please look into the
below code and let me know what i am missing to do the needed one.
And also i need to display menu bar in the ole container which displays the

word document so that i could provide an interface for the user to save the

document.

        int i;
             Display display = new Display();
             Shell shell = new Shell(display);
             swtTest t = new swtTest();

             OleFrame frame = new OleFrame(shell, SWT.NONE);
             frame.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_BOTH));

             Menu bar = new Menu(shell, SWT.BAR);
             shell.setMenuBar(bar);
             shell.setLayout(new GridLayout());

             File file = new File("C:\\Source\\Name.doc");
             OleClientSite clientSite = new
OleClientSite(frame,SWT.NONE,file);
             OleAutomation oleAutomation = new OleAutomation(clientSite);

             clientSite.setEnabled(true);
             clientSite.setVisible(true);
             frame.setVisible(true);
             clientSite.setSize(900, 900);

             i = clientSite.doVerb(OLE.OLEIVERB_INPLACEACTIVATE);
             frame.setSize(1000,1000);
        if(i == OLE.S_OK) {
                         System.out.println("OK");
             }
             shell.open();
             shell.setSize(1001, 1001);

             if (clientSite.isDirty()) {
                         File tempFile = new File(file.getAbsolutePath() +
".tmp");
                         file.renameTo(tempFile);
                         if (clientSite.save(file, true)){
                                     // save was successful so discard the