Re: [platform-swt-dev] OS X version, now and future

For now, an url to a tar such as the one you sent us earlier will work
fine.  I will need a pre-built dll however, since our build process does
not compile non-java code.

Sonia

                      Andre Weinand
                      <weinand@xxxxxxx>        To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:       "Sonia Dimitrov" <Sonia_Dimitrov@xxxxxxx>
                      07/24/2002 08:39         Subject:  Re: [platform-swt-dev] OS X version, now and future
                      AM

Sonia,

>Will org.eclipse.swt.carbon fragment use a custom build script?  There is
>very bare org.eclipse.swt.carbon project on dev.eclipse.org.

Since I don't know how the build process works,
I don't know how to answer your question.

What I know is:
- the sources for the MacOS X version of SWT are part of the
org.eclipse.swt project,
- building the dll and swt.jar is probably the same as for any other
platform,
- I don't have a Eclipse.exe for MacOS X yet, however in order to get a
'real'
   MacOS X application of Eclipse it is necessary to set up a
directory hierarchy as follows:

   Eclipse 2.0.app
      Info.plist
      MacOS
         Eclipse
      PkgInfo
      Resources
         Eclipse.icns
         Java
            <here starts the normal Eclipse tree>
         MRJApp.properties

   On MacOS X this hierarchy will appear as a single executable 'Eclipse
2.0'.
   The files Info.plist, Eclipse, PkgInfo, Eclipse.icns, and
MRJApp.properties are constant,
   so they can be extracted from an archive file
   (supplied as an attachment to the original posting).
   All the Java files and folders of a regular Eclipse distribution go into
   the 'Java' subfolder;
   the Readme folder and the copyright files must be copied into the
directory
   containing the Eclipse 2.0 application.

Please let me know what I can do to help you in setting this up.
Thanks,
--andre

Back to the top