Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port

Martin,

So what I will do is this:

 i) Update SWT/carbon
ii) Implement native Carbon Tree

That's great!

I´m glad, I can do something to get this thing running, even if it´s
not the Cocoa port :-)

Hey, this sounds like the Carbon port is not the real thing :-)
But this is not true.
I started the Mac port using Cocoa, because I like the Cocoa API's
much better than Carbon.
However Cocoa is just too high-level for implementing SWT (as you
will see :-). I never managed to get the Cocoa version robust and
fast.
And I believe that Eclipse users probably care more about whether
Eclipse runs fast and robust than whether it uses the best OO toolkit
available....

--andre

Back to the top