Re: [platform-swt-dev] gtk port

"James Moody/OTT/OTI" <James_Moody@xxxxxxx> writes:
> I think he just wants to know how to self-host and run a workbench with
> his changes in it.
> If that is the case, you don't need to build a new executable or new jars
> or anything.
> (Havoc, self-hosting is our term for developing Eclipse within Eclipse and
> running
> a second Eclipse workbench with your changes in it to try it out).
>
> The steps we use on the VCM team are (SWT team members can correct if
> their setup differs):
>
> 1. Start Eclipse workbench.
> 2. Add the projects you want to hack on to the workspace using the
> repositories view
>         and anonymous CVS.
> 3. Change code, implement new features, etc.
> 4. Select the project, Properties->Launcher. Select "Run-time Workbench".
> You only have
> to do this step once.
> 5. Select the project and hit the running man icon in the Java
> perspective.
>
> A new workbench will appear, and should be running with your changes. SWT
> folk can fill you
> in on anything I got wrong above.

Perfect, I got this mostly working (my previous problem with the
Repository View was that I was using Project Versions instead of
Streams).

So I'm predicting there's no way to do this from the command line?
That makes the traditional SRPM packaging method on Linux tricky, but
it's not necessary for us to get started with development.

Havoc

Back to the top