[platform-releng-dev] Heads up: there will be no more "Red X's" on a build's download page ....

Just to make sure every "looks for unit test failures" when they should, I wanted to call attention to the fact that the "Red X's have been broken for a while (most recently, Bug 434226 ). and we've long had plans to remove them (Bug 387066 ) , but a) haven't had time too, and b) not sure we should "at the last minute" .... (since everyone is used to seeing red X's or Green checkmarks there) So for now I've "hard coded" Green check marks all the time.

But the red "test results" in "View the test results for the current build. " (at top of page) will ordinarily be accurate ... at least "shortly" after a build. That is, "if it's red" committers should look. Occasionally it will be red and there will no test failures, and then "we" (usually me, but may be others too) can "manually" turn it to green ... so if it's green, you can safely assume there's no failures to look at.

We are doing this to avoid "confusion" over if a build is "bad" or "good" to be picked up by an adopter or other project ... and nearly all of them are "good" this close to the end ... and I hope this note does not confuse everyone even more!

Just thought I should give some "warning" of the change. (And, be open about it ... we are not trying to "hide" unit test failures, but when they do occur, are usually those "random" kind and don't effect quality of the build as much as several big red X's would imply).