From:        David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/07/2012 02:07 PM
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] Eclipse Juno M7 now available
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure what you mean by "console logs" ... there are so many ... you'll need to be more specific, especially since I'm "new".  I suggest you open a bug with details of what you expect, some old examples, or something. If you mean the one that is literally labeled "console logs" I think it used to only have chkpii logs in it (and should not even have that label there any longer .... and, no, we won't have chkpii logs any longer (several previous posts on that. )

And the missing JavaDoc logs are a known issue ... no idea what's causing that, (so far) (probably something simple, since they are there).

Bug 378272 - Javadoc logs are missing

There's no bug for it, but things like the
Versioning Compare Tool Output Logs missing are simply because the releng tests didn't run, I've half fixed that, but have not uploaded new results yet.

The (new) full console log is there, and you obviously found that, since you see those scary looking compile errors :)
[which, by the way, have likely been there for years, and just never captured full log before?]

Bug 377844 - Many "compile errors" in build logs from obsolete SWT code
Bug 378191 - remove obsolete plugin from master feature
(It is a funny characteristic of the process (I am easily humored) that the compiler will try and compile any ol loose Java file it finds laying around, even if not needed :)

So, keep'm coming ... by my count, 160 bug opened, changed, or fixed in releng component this past month. 86 fixed.  (Which I take to mean I'm about 80% done :) But, seriously, many will have to be solved by you committers yourselves, to provided data, say what's needed, what's expected, etc.

Before opening a new releng bug, be sure the skim the 160 recent ones, to see if already know (and, while there, if you have insight into any of them, feel free to comment).

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?list_id=1510154;classification=Eclipse;chfieldto=Now;query_format=advanced;chfieldfrom=-30d;component=Releng;product=Platform

Thanks,

Inactive hide details for Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran ---05/07/2012 02:00:49 AM---Also, what should I make out of the compilatJayaprakash Arthanareeswaran ---05/07/2012 02:00:49 AM---Also, what should I make out of the compilation errors? There are quite a  few of the 'Unable to res