Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20091029-0100 (Timestamp: 200910290100):Compile errors in build

This all does not explain why it was even tried to switch to a different
ECF version after the test pass.

Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                    |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |29.10.2009 21:18                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [platform-releng-dev]     [eclipse-build]Build    I20091029-0100    (Timestamp: 200910290100):Compile   errors in build                       |

I have talked to Scott and there was a problem with Buckminster which
produced the JARs with the missing content in the latest ECF build.
- the Buckminster team is unsure of the cause of the problem but are
investigating
- the problem disappeared with an update to the latest Buckminster
- there is also investigation into post-build JAR content verification
(similar to what we have in Orbit and Platform builds)
- the p2 team is also investigating a new target platform setup to ensure
we don't see problems like this in the future

As mentioned before, the p2 team is not contributing a new version of ECF
to M3; our contribution is the same as the early successful builds.

DJ Houghton---10/29/2009 08:06:12 AM---Scott, I didn't check all the JARs
but at least the ecf.filetransfer JAR does not contain any class

 From: DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

 To:   "Eclipse platform release engineering list."
       <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Cc:   slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Date: 10/29/2009 08:06 AM

 Subje Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20091029-0100
 ct:   (Timestamp: 200910290100):Compile errors in build

 Sent  platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
 by:

Scott, I didn't check all the JARs but at least the ecf.filetransfer JAR
does not contain any class files. What's the deal?

eclipse-releng---10/29/2009 02:53:59 AM---Build I20091029-0100 (Timestamp:
200910290100): Compile errors in build. See attached compile
logs.[attachment "/builds/trans

 From eclipse-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
 :

 To:  platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

 Date 10/29/2009 02:53 AM
 :

 Subj [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20091029-0100
 ect: (Timestamp: 200910290100):Compile errors in build

 Sent platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
 by:

Build I20091029-0100 (Timestamp: 200910290100):  Compile errors in build.
See attached compile logs.[attachment
"/builds/transfer/files/master/downloads/drops/I20091029-0100/compilelogs/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite_1.0.100.v20091019-@xxxxxxxx"
 deleted by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM] [attachment
"/builds/transfer/files/master/downloads/drops/I20091029-0100/compilelogs/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository_1.0.0.v20091010-@xxxxxxxx"
 deleted by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM] [attachment
"/builds/transfer/files/master/downloads/drops/I20091029-0100/compilelogs/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository_1.0.100.v20091023-@xxxxxxxx"
 deleted by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM] [attachment
"/builds/transfer/files/master/downloads/drops/I20091029-0100/compilelogs/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests_1.2.0.v20091023-@xxxxxxxx"
 deleted by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM]