[platform-releng-dev] compiler warnings

There are a lot of compiler warnings in the releng builds on
org.eclipse.jdt.apt.tests.  Specifically, I'm seeing "The local variable
[xxx] is never read", even though there is an
@SuppressWarnings("unused") on the relevant classes; and I'm seeing
"Type safety: Unchecked cast from [xxx] to [yyy]>", even though there is
a @SuppressWarnings("unchecked").

These warnings do not appear in my local workspace.  I have default
settings for compiler warnings at the workspace level, and the project
does not have any project-specific setting.  My dev host environment is
I20071101-0010, which I think == 3.4M3.  There are no -warn options in
build.properties (viz. Andrew Niefer's mail to this list on 11/7/07).

Does anyone know why @SuppressWarnings would be getting ignored in test
plug-ins?

Thanks,
  -walter