[platform-releng-dev] Performance results

As Dani mentioned in the arch call today, our performance results have not been completing successfully.

This is due to networking problems in our lab.

We use rsh to connect to the windows test machines and run the eclipse tests.  Due to a software upgrade on a switch in our lab, these rsh connections fail intermittently and that is why there are missing results. The switch software has a bug which our local IT team has raised with the vendor.  Because the stars were aligned correctly, the performance results did complete for our 3.3.1 build.  They didn't complete successfully for 3.4M2.

As well, I am unable to ghost the machines and run the baselines because dhcp isn't working in our lab to download the ghost image to our machines.  Even if this was working, the rsh connections are intermittent so it is unlikely the baselines would complete.

We had a meeting with our local IT team today and these issues are  their number one priority for resolution.

As well, we are investigating a replacement for rsh to run our tests on Windows.  However, we have not found an open source tool that can interact with the windows display in a native fashion.  (We run our builds on linux and then run tests over the network to the mac, linux and windows test machines).

Once these issues are resolved, I'll rerun the performance tests for the 3.4M2 build.

Kim

Back to the top