Re: [platform-releng-dev] Additional Performance Run

You are writing on a collectable? Do you have no shame?

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4850

             Wassim
             Melhem/Toronto/IB
             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/01/2007 09:39          Re: [platform-releng-dev]
             PM                        Additional Performance Run

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."
             <platform-releng-
             dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Great.  Thanks Kim.

Incidentally, I may be the only committer who pencils builds into the TV
guide :)

Wassim

             Kim
             Moir/Ottawa/IBM@I
             BMCA                                                       To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/01/2007 09:33          Re: [platform-releng-dev]
             PM                        Additional Performance Run

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."
             <platform-releng-
             dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, yesteday I realized that I had set the crontab incorrectly  so I
adjusted it so that last night's and future builds would be running on the
correct Saturday night.  So you will notice that the N20070401-0010 build
also has performance results associated with it.

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/N20070401-0010/index.php

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/N20070401-0010/performance/performance.php

Kim

 Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
 Sent by:
 platform-releng-dev-bounces@eclipse                                    To
 .org                                        "Eclipse platform release
                                             engineering list."
                                             <platform-releng-dev@eclipse.
 04/01/2007 05:57 PM                         org>
                                                                        cc

          Please respond to                                        Subject
      "Eclipse platform release              Re: [platform-releng-dev]
          engineering list."                 Additional Performance Run
  <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Kim.

Perhaps I should have been clearer though.

When I said Saturday night, I actually meant the night when 'Saturday Night
Live' is on, so the Sun 0010 build was what I was aiming for.

What ended up happening is that the perf tests ran with the Saturday 0010
build.

I presume the Friday noon baselines had not finished at that point, because
the new perf tests on Sat 0010 build showed no reference.

Wassim

            Kim
            Moir/Ottawa/IBM@I
            BMCA                                                       To
            Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
            platform-releng-d         engineering list."
            ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
            e.org                                                      cc

                                                                  Subject
            03/30/2007 08:46          Re: [platform-releng-dev]
            AM                        Additional Performance Run

            Please respond to
            "Eclipse platform
                 release
               engineering
                 list."
            <platform-releng-
            dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear PDE team,

Your wish has been granted.  The Saturday night build will also run with
perf tests.

Kim

Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by:
platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                To
                                                      platform-releng-dev
                                                      @eclipse.org
03/29/2007 10:39 PM                                                    cc

                                                                  Subject
             Please respond to                        [platform-releng-de
   "Eclipse platform release engineering              v] Additional
                   list."                             Performance Run
     <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Releng Team,

Would it be possible to schedule a performance run on nightly build over
the weekend (e.g. Saturday night)?

Since the baselines run on Friday, a weekend run would be good to foresee
the results of newly added tests for that week (and possibly fix problems)
before the next I-build.

I am indifferent about the Thurs night performance runs.  They are not
particularly interesting to me.

Thanks,

Wassim