Re: [platform-releng-dev] Problem committing

Did you see this message?

Greetings committers,

I'm getting ready to shuffle things around on the Eclipse backend, so
our filesystems will be in read-only mode for several minutes.  You may
get errors when trying to commit or upload files.

When the maintenance has completed, I'll send you another update.  We
have strong leads as to what has been causing the outages, and we want
to fix the problem ASAP.

Bugzilla, and other database-driven websites will be largely unaffected
by this.

Thanks for your understanding,

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the WebMaster FAQ at

Dejan Glozic <dejan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/24/2007 03:06 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Problem committing

I just got a problem trying to commit a few files to CVS (project
org.eclipse.ui.forms):

The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
 org.eclipse.ui.forms: cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvsroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.ui.forms/src/org/eclipse/ui/internal/forms/widgets/,TitleRegion.java,':
Read-only file system

Is this more CVS trouble or is it just me?

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM