Re: [platform-releng-dev] Could use further help in debugging the Automated tests

I can't point you to some doc but suggest you look at the build errors,
especially those on the plugin.xml and the MANIFEST.MF files. They will
tell you which dependencies are missing.

Dani

             Corey Ashford
             <cjashfor@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-releng-d                                          cc
             ev-bounces@eclips
             e.org                                                 Subject
                                       [platform-releng-dev] Could use
                                       further help in debugging the
             12.08.2006 01:31          Automated tests

             Please respond to
             cjashfor@xxxxxx.c
                om; Please
                respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."
             <platform-releng-
             dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I've been struggling to get the right source and workspace setup for the
Automated test suite so that I can debug them and hopefully understand
the failures that are occurring in the R3.2 linux-gtk-ppc platform.

Is there a web page that describes how to correctly set up my
environment to do this debugging?

What I've done so far is use CVS to check out all the of the R3_2
versions of the test source and many of the Eclipse projects (except
those which simply contain jar files), and let it build, hoping to be
able to do a Run as -> JUnit Plug-in test.  However, I'm getting
hundreds of build errors, so I know I must have something set up
incorrectly.

Pointers to web pages and any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
503-578-3507
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx