[platform-releng-dev] Auomated tests broken on Linux for 3.1.1

Kim Moir wrote:

We are pleased to announce that Eclipse 3.1.1 is now available for download from http://eclipse.org/downloads/index.php It is also available via bittorrent from external mirrors listed on this page.

I downloaded Eclipse 3.1.1 and the corresponding automated test zip and tried running the tests on a Linux/PPC64 platform. I ran into several problems:

  - The runtests script does not support os-arch-ws of linux-ppc-gtk.
    (this problem was fixed in the 3.2 version of the runtest script.)
- The automated testsuite expects the 3.1.1 SDK zip to be named "eclipse-M20050929-0840-linux-gtk.tar.gz". No big deal, since renaming the file is an easy workaround; just annoying. - The testsuite fails when trying to delete stuff from "/builds/t". The error is coming from org.eclipse.releng.tests_3.1.0/test.xml. In comparing this file to the version included with 3.2, I found that the 3.2 version was conditionally setting the "location" property to "/builds/t" only if OS="win32". I changed the the 3.1.1 test.xml to do the same and am re-running the tests -- they haven't completed yet, but at least I'm getting farther now.

Now that 3.1.1 is released, there's probably nothing much that can be done about these problems, right?

Thanks.
-Maynard Johnson

Back to the top