[platform-releng-dev] building jdt.source plugin

I am trying to build a source plugin for the APT feature (see http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/apt/introToAPT.html) it will eventually be folded into the JDT but for now we want it to be available as a separate feature installable through an update site. So I decided to try to build the JDT source plugin, to understand how the process works.

  1. I checked out o.e.jdt.core, o.e.jdt.source, and o.e.jdet.source-feature from CVS. Then I opened the Eport Deployable Features wizard. It shows o.e.jdt.source as an exportable feature; I check it and also check the Include source code Export Option. Clicking Finish causes the feature to be exported to a directory, but the directory contains no source. Am I misunderstanding something?
  2. I have been told that I need to “run the releng” scripts to build the src.zip. What does this mean and how is it done?
  3. There will be overlap between the APT source feature and the JDT source feature: jdt.apt.source-feature will include the two APT plugins, and a modified jdt.core. (This is the way that the executable APT feature behaves.) Can I expect that with the APT feature installed, the modified jdt.core source will eclipse (sorry..:) the original jdt.core but nothing else? I.e. that the jdt.core source will be found inside the APT source feature, since its jdt.core plugin is the active one, but that the jdt.ui source will be supplied by the original jdt.source feature, since jdt.ui lives inside the original jdt?

Thanks,

Gary Horen

Back to the top