[platform-releng-dev] building a branch

My team is working on a branched version of the JDT (the APT branch).
We would like to perform automated builds and tests of JDT to ensure
stability.

I've read the releng readme web page on how to build Eclipse components.
There are several things I don't understand; hopefully someone can help
me.

Q1. To build JDT, one needs to have a (JDT-less) Platform build already.
Does that imply that an automated build needs to start out by building
the whole Platform, or is it possible to achieve this by simply
installing or downloading it?

Q2. The releng process appears to be driven by a map file.  But of
course, there are no existing map files associated with the APT branch.
Do we need to check in map files, or is there a way to create and use a
local map file?  The APT branch does not include all of JDT, so we need
to "mix and match" between HEAD and APT.

Thanks,
  Walter Harley
  BEA Systems Inc.

Back to the top