Re: [platform-releng-dev] Wanna be JAR'd?

Dirk,

This is similar to a problem that we had in the Ant space. Check out
AntCorePreferences. (the #computeDefaultExtraClasspathEntries and
#configureAntObject methods)

In the old way you were expecting the layout on disk to be a certain way.
In the new way you need to ask the bundle for the entry and then call
Platform#asLocalURL on it. This will put it in a place that you can access
if its nested within a JAR.

                  dj

platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 16/03/2005 11:07:12 AM:

> DJ,
>
> I have one additional question here. What happens to jars that are part
of
> a plug-in which we use
> when we launch a second VM. For example JUnit (inlcuded in junit.runtime)
> uses a Jar which
> contains the main class for the VM which actually runs the test cases.
Same
> for computing the
> serial version id for quick fixes in JDT/UI. There we launch a second VM
> which uses the
> serialsupport.jar from JDT/UI's root directory.
>
> You is resposible to extract these jars from the plug-in jar so that the
> second VM can access
> them ?
>
> Dirk
>

>              DJ Houghton

>              <DJ_Houghton@ca.i

>              bm.com>
>              Sent by:                  platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

>              platform-releng-d
cc
>              ev-admin@eclipse.

>              org
Subject
>                                        [platform-releng-dev] Wanna be

>                                        JAR'd?

>              14.03.2005 20:28

>              Please respond to

>              platform-releng-d

>               ev@xxxxxxxxxxx

> As you know, we are pushing towards shipping as many plugins as possible
as
> jars for 3.1.  Our initial goal is to have all the RCP plugins done for
M6.