Re: [platform-releng-dev] Eclipse on Solaris x86?

If you are interested in providing the patches for a source build a of solaris-gtk-x86 port of Eclipse, please open a bug with the relevant patches against platform releng.  The  source build scripts are in  org.eclipse.releng.eclipse.builder/sdk in HEAD.  We provide support in our source build scripts for compiling several drops that are not available for download on eclipse.org but are helpful for people who wish to run eclipse on the specific architecture.

Providing a new drop for download on eclipse.org is a PMC decision. Before a new drop can be provided they must ensure that  that they are resources available to run the build and conduct automated tests at a regular intervals, and resolve os-ws-arch specific bugs.

Kim

Kyrill Alyoshin <Kyrill.Alyoshin@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/03/2005 10:07 AM

Please respond to
platform-releng-dev

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Eclipse on Solaris x86?

Hi guys,

I spoke with Roman Kolosowski regarding this issue at Toronto JUG, and
he suggested that I use this mailing list to post this question.

The question is if there are any plans to have an Eclipse build
available for download for Solaris x86 (motif and/or gtk2). It literally
is just a simple recompile of swt libaries and eclipse launcher from
those available for sparc, which makes me think this should be very
easy. The whole port takes about 10 sec of compile time for me.

This distribution doesn't have to be supported or anything, but it'd be
nice to have it there on eclipse.org.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Kyrill Alyoshin