Re: [platform-releng-dev] buildable source zips for eclipse.org plugins

Hi Jeff,

On Mon, 2005-24-01 at 23:42 -0500, Jeff McAffer wrote:
> Releng folks comment but it seems that what Ben is after is the
> mechanism that is similar to what is used to build things like GEF,
> EMF, etc.  That is, there is a base set of zips (e.g., prebuilt SDK)
> against which a set of source is compiled.  The source can be fetched
> using CVS, untaring tarballs, ... it doesn't really matter.  PDE build
> happens to have builtin support for fetching from CVS but it is not
> carved in stone.
>
> Ben, I didn't follow all of the patch (I am blissfully ignorant of the
> build script details :-).  Have I described what you want?  What you
> are doing?  Something completely different?  Basically you are looking
> for a way to get/generate the source tarballs?

Yeah, I think you are mostly correct. I'm trying to get / generate
source tarballs (or zips) that can be compiled and packaged. I want to
do this in standard way so that all plugin projects can provide this
easily. It seems that the best approach is to generate these buildable
zips using the same method that the "srcIncluded" and "srcFetch" zips
use.

Thanks for your comments, Ben

Back to the top