Re: [platform-releng-dev] performance tests launching a 2nd instance of Eclipse

Some variations can be achieved by running the same test with different
setups, for example:

public class MyTestSuite extends TestSuite {

      public static Test suite() {
            return new MyTestSuite();
      }

      public MyDemoTestSuite() {
            addTest(new MyTestSetup1(MyTests.suite()));
            addTest(new MyTestSetup2(MyTests.suite()));
      }
}

where MyTests is run with different setups. Each setup could, for example,
use different preferences:

public class MyTestSetup1 extends TestSetup {

      public MyTestSetup1(Test test) {
            super(test);
      }

      /*
       * @see junit.extensions.TestSetup#setUp()
       */
            enableFoo();
      }

      /*
       * @see junit.extensions.TestSetup#tearDown()
       */
      protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
            disableFoo();
      }
}

 This does not cover your examples below, but may be sufficient for other
cases.

Christof

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 4:08 PM