[platform-releng-dev] ACTION required: "performance" target in test.xml scripts

In our continued effort to improve and streamline the performance testing process, we are asking all teams contributing a JUnit test plugin to do the following:

1.  Implement a target named "performance" in test.xml scripts.

The "performance" target will be the only one called to run performance test suites on our test machines dedicated for performance.  The tests run in this target should use the infrastructure described in Andre's previous mailing to this list:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-releng-dev/msg02026.html

An example implementation of this target is available here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.jdt.text.tests/test.xml?rev=1.6

A stub for this target will be added to all test.xml scripts which are part of the build in the HEAD stream if not already present by 2 pm ET.

2.  Remove calls to the performance tests in the default target of the test.xml script.
3.  Tag and release before tommorrow's integration build.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like assistance.

Sonia

Back to the top