[platform-releng-dev] make building dialup-friendly

Two suuggestions are:

1. To make bzip2-ed variants of distribution: I have tried
   bzipping of last integration build (...srcIncluded), it
   takes ~68% (!) against ziped variant. It is almost 2 hour
   less in case of 33600 line.

2. To send to the list a message with something like this:

   "This build _SEEMS_ to be the last one among this week
    integration builds iterations".

Motivations for 1 are obvious. For 2: there were few times
I have downloaded multiple integration builds during a week :-(
I think, I'm not alone here. I see, additional rebuild requests
may take place. But I'm sure, releng teem has sufficient
experience for prediction at almost cases.

With hope,
Andrew

Back to the top