Re: [platform-dev] Eclipse SWT Usage Change-External

No plan for java 8 support. releases are java 11 only.

Am 03.02.22 um 07:50 schrieb Apoorva Maheshwari via platform-dev:
Hello Team,

Currently we are using SWT-4.5.x in our product, due removal plan of IE browser support from Microsoft, we are forced to replace it with EDGE browser.

EDGE browse support is available in SWT release 4.19 and later, these versions binaries are compatible with only Java-11 however we need Java-8 compatible binaries.

 1. So even though Eclipse is releasing Java-11 compatible binaries,
    source code is still compatible with Java-8? If Yes, Is it possible
to share the plan to support Java-8 compatible binaries?
 2. Or will it be continued like this and Eclipse will release the
binaries compatible with Java-11 only?
*
*Regards,

*APOORVA MAHESHWARI *

Sr. Software Engineer
BDGS, R&D
2nd Floor, ASF Insignia - Block B Kings Canyon,
Gwal Pahari, Gurgaon, Haryana 122003, India
Phone: 8860498817
apoorva.maheshwari@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:apoorva.maheshwari@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.ericsson.com <http://www.ericsson.com/>

<http://www.ericsson.com/current_campaign>