Re: [platform-dev] Recent API Removal breaks clients

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 9:06 PM Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
3. API's are only removed before M1. This gives us some more time to catch and fix.

Although I'm not against such a rule, I don't think it will really fix those cases.
The reason why consumer code is broken is because it wasn't maintained properly for several years and left usage of deprecated APIs while better alternatives have existed and are well documented, so I don't see how adding a couple of months would make code that's unmaintained for years suddenly be better maintained.

Back to the top