Re: [platform-dev] backporting and building?

Hi Tony

That commit only changes the Ant version in a test class. Is this really what you want to backport?

Dani

From:        "Homer, Tony" <tony.homer@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        06.06.2020 22:51
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [platform-dev] backporting and building?
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have an RCP product that is currently building against 4.15 and due to release timing I cannot update to 4.16 until after the current release cycle.

I’d like to backport this fix to 4.15:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.git/commit/?id=4a27c8ad20b921af8df9731037aa756d70d6875f

Applying the patch is no problem, but I’ve never built platform before.

I’m not sure if I need to check out all the repos or can just checkout one of them.

I’m not sure what build command to use.

I looked for instructions, but there are none listed on the developer resources page:

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse.platform/developer

I also looked at ci and it helped with the build command, but I couldn’t work out what I need to do to setup my environment:

https://ci.eclipse.org/linuxtools/job/linuxtools-master/142/console

Is there a doc that explains which repos to checkout and what build command to use?

Thanks!

platform-dev mailing list
platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit