[platform-dev] Forums

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 8:27 PM Eric Williams <ericwill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are the forums active these days? I'm wondering if it makes sense to
still allow posts there, or if we should direct all questions onto
mailing lists, where they are likely to be seen by developers.

I also have concerns about those forums and having in our infrastructure such a support channel that we don't seem to monitor.
If we don't want to commit or give the impression of committing to user support, it would be better to shutdown the related channels and let people move to other unofficial channels like StackOverflow, as they already do by the way.

FWIW, on other projects I'm actively working on (LSP4E, Corrosion, Wild Web Developer), I've asked for removal of the forums, and I don't have the impressiont the projects suffered from it, on the contrary, it brought some exposure on external channels.
--
Mickael Istria