Re: [platform-dev] Replace "Search Field" behavior by just opening Quick Access dialog

+1 for having a search button without text (I think that was Dani's suggest)

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Di., 21. Mai 2019, 17:24:
> It would be a non-modifiable text, but when clicking it, it would open the QuickAccessDialog
-100 from me for that.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        21.05.2019 16:38
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] Replace "Search Field" behavior by just opening Quick Access dialog
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 4:31 PM Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This sounds contradictory to me. Will it be just a button or remain a search field where I can enter the search text? If the former, I am -1 for it. I want to be able to directly enter the search text. Otherwise +1.

It would be a non-modifiable text, but when clicking it, it would open the QuickAccessDialog and put focus in the filter text inside the dialog. So it's the same user actions, just the focus moves someplace else.

For sure not something we should change after M3. So, 4.13 candidate.

Yes.