From: platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis Haskin
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 09:03
To: platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-dev] Why aren't my errors in the task list

(Hi Cornell--looks like we both found the eclipse groups...)

I think maybe the doc is out of date.  The help with 3.0.0
(200406192000) does say it displays "System-generated errors, warnings,
or information associated with a resource. These are typically produced
by builders. For example, if you save a Java source file that contains
syntax errors, the errors will automatically be logged in this view."

However, I typically find these errors in the Problems view (Window |
Show View | Problems if it isn't showing) and the Tasks view shows
either collected tasks from the source (e.g. comments marked with
"TODO", etc) or manually-added tasks.

dwh