[platform-dev] Version numbering on Eclipse Releases

Hi,

My one small problem with Eclipse v3 releases is that they
only include a date/time build number on them; if you look
at the version number, they are always v3.0.0.!

Please, please can we put a decent version number on
them - even if it's just incrementing the minor version
number (ie. 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3.. etc.) so that we can
accurately determine the version number of an Eclipse product.

Apart from that, RC2 is a fantastic product - I, along
with others in my company, are really enjoying using it!

Thanks,
James East.

Back to the top