Re: [platform-debug-dev] Colored labels in debug view?

> Is label coloring supposed to be operational in the debug view (3.3)?
> The general preference have a (red) color configured for "Deadlocked
> threads an monitors",
> yet when hitting a deadlock I see no red.

This feature has been manually tested on 3.3 as well as all milestone
builds in 3.4, and is working as far as we know. You need to suspend the
entire VM in order for deadlock to be detected (or, at least all threads
in involved in the deadlock).

> Also, this features looks outdated both in terms of how to configure
> and in terms
> of its implementation (using setForeground(Color) rather than
ColoredString).

ColoredString is not a generally available API class - it is custom
support used in JDT and Search. The debug views are provided by the
platform and cannot leverage this support. Until general support is
available in the platform for multi-colored labels, we use
#setForeground(...).

Darin Wright

Back to the top