Re: [platform-core-dev] How file system monitoring works

This is already done by the Resources bundle. It can be enabled in the
Workbench by Windows -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> Refresh
Automatically.

On Windows we use file-system callbacks to report the changes. On other
OSes we use a polling monitor which goes and looks for changes.

Code can be found in the org.eclipse.core.resources and
org.eclipse.core.filesystem bundles (and corresponding file-system specific
fragments).

fyi: IWorkspace.addResourceChangeListener() is used for notifying clients
of changes in the workspace, not in the file-system.

platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/18/2007 05:17:44 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a plug-in that monitors a folder on the local
> file system for changes (like deletion) and notifies subscribers of
> this event. This sounds a lot like what is done in
> IWorkspace.addResourceChangeListener(). So, where can I find the code
> that actually monitors the file system for changes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oge Nnadi.

Back to the top