RE: [platform-core-dev] Valid characters in Eclipse paths

Michael V writes:
"Ed proposed to make everything before the first colon the device when using the Path(String) constructor."

That's just what it does now, right?

"For CVS, we would want a constructor (or factory method) that treated the String as a relative path (i.e., no device) even if there were colons so that files that contained a colon in the filename could be handled properly."

Ok, that would be Path(String device, String path)as long as the behavior were changed so path can have colons and it doesn't interpret them as a device. As far as I can tell, he old behavior was not a matter of API, just an accident of implementation that always struck me as odd anyway. So I think you're covered unless I'm missing something.

Back to the top