Re: [platform-core-dev] Running Eclipse RCP Application from Java Web Start (JNLP)

Nick,

There is no "out of the box" way to start eclipse with Webstart.
After putting some more thoughts on that (talking with Nick Edgar), it seems that there is a way to do it, but it requires a little bit of work (not much either).
Note that this is a one time cost only, since everyone will be able to reuse the same thing.

Basically here is the idea:
- because webstart put all the jars listed in the jnlp file directly on your classpath, list all the plugins (plugins will be jar'ed up) you need as resources (there is a jnlp tag) so they won't clutter the classpath.
- write a bundle that will be responsible to find all the plugins (the one we tagged as resources), download them, then install them into the framework.

HTH,

PaScaL

Nick Minutello <nick.minutello@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/15/2004 05:21 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-core-dev] Running Eclipse RCP Application from Java Web Start (JNLP)

Hi,

I am looking for information / help on getting an Eclipse RCP app
(http://timtam.codehaus.org/) to run (ultimately) from Java Web Start.

I have made a few tentative (but unsuccessful) attempts so far but
have been unsuccessful.

Any help (Pascal?) & pointers to information would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers,
-Nick